User login

MIxed Start to the New Season (02/09/2017)

1sts after having a very good pre-season were hopeful of a good start to the campaign.against old rivals LTC. Started fairly brightly but it was LTC who got the goal in the 1st half to lead at the break. We pressed hard in the 2nd half but couldn't get the equaliser so the game  finished 0-1. Disappointing start but hopefully we will bounce back next week to get our season going.

2nds,after their great promotion win last year were playing in Div 2 for the first time in 4 seasons. Our cause was helped by the opposition only having 9 at the start of the game although they got another player in the 1st half. We comfortably scored 2 goals in fairly quick succession to put the game to bed. At the final whistle it was 4-0 and a great start to the season.

3rds had an epic match. Starting the game 3 players short including captain and keeper Francois was not the ideal situation.  The response though from the team was great  and Paddy went in as  keeper. When the 3 players arrived after 7 or 8 minutes  the team pushed to show what we will do this season...  The first goal arrived with a throw in from Villu,  à  home speciality, and Youssef scored... The second one with à great shot from Youssef blocked but finished with a cracker into the corner of the net from Ronan...  2-0...  Motm were Ronan and Rodrigo but we can also mention Villu for his work and Mike for his mentality....  Winning the first match was a really great performance  

4ths,strengthened by the inclusion of Robbie and Danny, were leading 3-2 until the final minutes but were pegged back by a late equaliser to make it 3-3 at the close.

Vets 1 were putting in a good performance leading 1-0 until the last 5 minutes but then it all went wrong when the opposition scored 3 late goals including a penalty to take the spoils. MOM David MG

Vets 2 started well against Chenois and took the lead after about 12 minutes. Things looked good but in the last 15 minutes of the 1st half the opposition began to dominate and they equalised with a penalty . In the 2nd half they again held the initiative and added 2 more goals to run out 3-1 winners.