Does FC Irlande provide insurance for its members?
FC Irlande does not provide insurance to its members. Each member is responsible for any corporal or material damage that he or she causes to himself or herself or others. The Club expects members to be covered by health insurance when taking part in training or matches with FC Irlande. The club declines all responsibility in case of accident, theft or other damages incurred during club events.
For its men’s teams, FC Irlande benefits from the coverage of complementary insurance contracted by the A.B.S.S.A football federation for players who are signed up with the Federation and have paid their subscription fees to the club.
What kind of costs can be reimbursed?
This insurance covers damages resulting from a sports accident, incurred during the activity (official matches or training) or on the way to or from the activity (your direct way from home or work to the pitch), which your health insurance would not cover. This insurance could cover costs of medical treatment, including for dentist or optician, transport costs and invalidity, beyond those already covered by your own health insurance (mutuelle). (It does not cover other costs, e.g. such as damages to your car.)
What needs to be done in case of an accident?
- Contact FC Irlande Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make available necessary information on the accident as requested and a medical certificate.
- The Secretary will open a file with the Insurer and communicate to you your file number and the coordinates of the agent at the Insurance company. You will have to follow up with the agent after this point.
By paying your subscription to join FC Irlande ASBL , a registered Sports Club, you may be entitled to a partial refund on your subscription from your “Mutuelle”. Not all Mutuelles have this facility but the major ones in Brussels do offer this .
- Login to the website of your Mutuelle and find the sports club reimbursement form
- Print this off and fill in any additional information required
- Send this completed form as an attachment in an email to email@example.com
- Form will then be signed and stamped and then a scanned copy will be returned to you by email
- You should then check that all information is correct and then present it to your Mutuelle for reimbursement
- Some Mutuelles reimburse by up to 50 Euros so it is well worth claiming this benefit